Picture

Picture

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oven BBQ Chicken

This is one of my husbands favorite recipes. I stole it from my mom! This recipe is easily doubled or tripled and freezes really well for a quick weeknight meal.

The Grocery List

  • Family pack of chicken thighs (approx. 16-18 pieces)
  • 2/3 cup of ketchup
  • 1/2 cup chili sauce
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 2 oz white vinegar
  • 1/3 bottle of HP sauce
  • 10-12 shakes of Worcestershire
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
Cooking it Up

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop in the chicken thighs. Cook for 8-10 minutes. (this is a step that I have skipped but I find when I do the sauce gets watery instead of staying nice and thick, so although it's an extra step, I recommend you do it).

Mix all of the rest of the ingredients in a large casserole dish.
Drain the chicken and shake off excess water. Drop the chicken into the sauce.
Cook at 325 for 2 hours.

0 Hot Thoughts:

Slider

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Chicks and Whisks   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP