Picture

Picture

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Greek Stuffed Pork Loin

I came up with this recipe on the fly. Pork loins were on sale at the grocery store and I was craving Greek food. I was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out and how my family gobble it up. I would make it again for sure, it's simple enough for a dinner any day of the week and fancy enough for company! Using two pork loins for this recipe gives us enough for our family to have dinner (2 adults, 2 kids) and have enough left over for a man sized lunch the next day.

The Grocery List

  • 2 pork loins
  • salt and pepper
  • 4 jarred roasted red pepper halves (cut into strips)
  • 1 package of precooked bacon strips
  • 1 1/2 cups grated feta cheese
  • 6 tbsp Greek style salad dressing
  • wooden or metal skewers (if you are using wood, soak them in water for 10 mins prior to use)
Cooking it all Up:

Pound the pork loins to 1/2 inch thickness using your kitchen hammer and season both sides with salt and pepper.

Layer bacon, roasted red peppers and feta onto the pork loins (spread the ingredients evenly between the two).
Fold the pork loin over and secure with skewers. Place in a greased baking dish.

Sprinkle the Greek salad dressing over top of the meat.
Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes or until pork is fully cooked.

5 Hot Thoughts:

LLW

Wow, very interesting and creative! Looks delicious!

cuddles

That looks amazing. I'm going to suggest this to DH as a treat for next week!

cuddles

We bought the ingredients for this today, but purchased uncooked bacon instead. How many pieces come in the pre-cooked package? (Otherwise, we'll end up using the entire package of bacon, and I'm guessing that can't be good for us!) :) Thanks!

The Sarcastic Mommy

Hi Cuddles! I think there are 14 pieces in total, 7 per pork loin. I'm sure I could have used less bacon but seriously....it's bacon and YUMMY. Let me know how it turns out! :)

cuddles

Sweet! Thanks for the quick response! This is on the list for next Thursday night! I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

Slider

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Chicks and Whisks   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP