Picture

Picture

Monday, March 16, 2009

Arroz Con Pollo (a.k.a. Spanish Rice & Chicken)

This is an easy and flavorful way for the whole family to enjoy chicken. I love "oven" recipes, I think they were all created as a way to save mommy sanity - if I can put everything together quickly and then put it in the oven and forget about it until it's cooked, I'm a happy chick!

The Shopping List

1 3/4 cup uncooked brown minute rice (instant rice)
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each)
Garlic Salt, Pepper to taste
1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
1 cup of salsa (I use mild because the kids are eating this with us, but spicy would be delicious)
1 can (398 ml size or 14.5 ounces) tomato sauce
1 chopped onion
1/2 chopped green pepper
1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 green onions chopped (optional)
sour cream (optional)

Putting It All Together

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.

Spread rice evenly along bottom of dish.

Season both sides of each chicken breast half with garlic salt and pepper, place over rice in baking dish.

In a bowl combine the broth, salsa, tomato sauce, onion and green pepper. Stir to combine and pour over chicken.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese mixture and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes. Broil for 1 minute if desired.
I serve this with some chopped green onion scattered on top and a dollop of sour cream! Yummy.

2 Hot Thoughts:

LLW

Mmm...I'm going to try this in the next couple weeks - love easy and delicious meals! :)

LM

I made this last night and me and Matt both loved it! Such an easy meal, and flavourful is right, I was pleasantly surprised at how good the rice was!

Slider

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Chicks and Whisks   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP