Picture

Picture

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shepherd's Pie - an oldie but a lovely!

My mother used to make this recipe when I was a kid; and she used mixed vegetables and I hated that! But I loved it otherwise, and knew it had potential. So, when I got old enough I revamped this recipe into what I love - and it is always a favourite in our house - my nephew and sister love it too - it is delicious! That's the great thing about it, you can make it your very own. I have a friend who puts onion soup mix into the beef, and that is quite good as well.



Ingredients:
Hamburger;
6 good sized potatoes;
Veggies of your choice - whether they be frozen or canned
I like to use delmonte french cut green beans and corn; a can of each;
1 small onion;
cup of mushrooms or canned if you like those as well;
milk and butter for the mashed potatoes;
1 cup of cheddar cheese; and
1/2 cup of ketchup or just squirt to taste.


First you are going to boil your potatoes; mash them your favourite way. I usually add milk and butter - however, sour cream would work well also.
At the same time you are going to brown your hamburger - I always season my hamburger with salt and pepper while it's browning; then add your mushrooms and onions - cook for another 10 mins and add your ketchup - to taste.



In a glassware dish, you are going to place the cooked hamburger on the bottom, then layer on your drained veggies of your choice, then layer on your mashed potatoes, and top with cheese.



Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins until it is heated through and cheese is good and melted on the top!



Easy as can be and absolutely delicious!

0 Hot Thoughts:

Slider

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Chicks and Whisks   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP