Picture

Picture

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Not Just Any Tuna Melt!

I can't say that I've ever had a Tuna Melt before; and I really wasn't sure I'd like it. But I must say....it was surprising good! And seems fancier, or more decadent than it's name....
MS was sure he wouldn't like it; the ingredients were too much for him, he thought Tuna and Cheese...that's all you need; ugh, not cheese wiz? But after he tasted it, he too was pleasantly surprised!
A simple sandwich; with great flavour.

Ingredients:
1 can water packed tuna, drained and flaked
1 small onion, minced
4 tablespoons of Cheese Wiz
3 tablespoons of Mayo
2 tablespoons of pickle relish
1 tablespoon of mustard

Mix all ingredients together.

This...like any recipe probably is also tweekable -- I used 3 tbls of Cheese Wiz and 2 of Mayo...and cut up sweet pickles that I had; and dijon mustard (because I couldn't for the life of me find the mustard..which was apparently directly in front of me in the fridge...ugh)

Oven 350 degrees; Spoon into rolls or onto a bun - I put it into sub buns; Wrap the bun into aluminum foil, place on a cooking rack and bake for 20 minutes.

I had to leave it in the oven a bit longer, it was 'just' warm after 20 minutes and should be hot!

Remove and serve....eat and enjoy! :)

0 Hot Thoughts:

Slider

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Chicks and Whisks   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP